Tracking Baby Dore

Monday, January 23, 2012

Another Little Miracle Enters Our Life

As you probably know by now, we are so excited to announce that on January 14, 2012 at 2:17am our precious baby boy, Gavin Michael made his appearance into the world weighing 5 lbs. 12 oz. and 19 inches.
On January 13th at about 8:30pm my contractions were 1 minute apart and seemed more intense than the ones I had been experiencing over the last 4 weeks that landed me on bed rest. With much hesitation, I finally convinced myself to pack up and head to the hospital. I didn't really want to go due to all of our false alarms. Good thing we did! When we arrived I was hooked up to monitors and an IV for fluids. The monitor showed that baby was doing great and Mom was in fact experiencing contractions that were 1 minute apart and intense! I was checked and had finally dilated from 3 cm to 4 cm. The doctor decided she just wanted me monitored. No decisions were going to be made for surgery at this time. Two hours later, I was rechecked and was now 6 cm dilated! At that time, the doctor felt we needed to prepare for a c-section. From there, everything went pretty quickly. I met with the anesthesiologist and next thing I knew I was being wheeled in to the OR.
Gavin Michael arrived and was immediately checked by the neonatal doctors and nurses due to his prematurity. He was having difficulty breathing and the decision was made to take him to the NICU. The nurse carried him over for me to quickly kiss his head and he was gone! After surgery, I went to my room where I recovered until 2pm. At that time my catheter was removed and I was able to get into a wheel chair and head to the NICU to see my newest angel!
Gavin spent the day and night in the NICU. He did well and was taken off of the CPAP (a tool that aids in breathing). He was great about taking bottle feeds and by late afternoon on Sunday my baby was discharged from the NICU and able to spend the remainder of our hospital stay next to my bed side... A huge change from my first delivery.
On Tuesday afternoon, I was discharged. This time, with my baby in my arms I left the hospital! We've since then been adjusting to life as a family of four, which is wonderful! Gavin Michael is such a sweet baby. He smiles in his sleep often and eats every 3-4 hours sleeping the entire time in between :-)

Seconds old

In the NICU on the CPAP


Resting peacefully


Breathing all on his own :-)


Gavin Michael's first bath


He wasn't too sure about the bath


A happy and clean baby


Taking his first bottle


Seeing my newest angel


Holding my baby boy for the first time


Mommy's angel


Snuggle time




The proud Daddy and Gavin


One of the greatest moments... Being able to show off my baby while in the hospital!


Our sweet Gavin Michael


Big Brother holding his baby brother for the first time!


Our family of four!




Precious little boy


Gigi meets Gavin Michael for the first time


PopPop meets Gavin Michael


For being such an amazing big brother, Gavin brought home 2 goldfish!




Braiden spent the day with PopPop at the beach!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Dore family! I'm glad you got to bring home Gavin and didn't have to suffer through the NICU again.
    The Scherman Family

    ReplyDelete