Tracking Baby Dore

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bed Rest Update

I've officially made it 10 days on bed rest! I have been back to labor and delivery since then and actually spent a few hours there last night. I was experiencing a lot of contractions yesterday, every 2 minutes to be exact. Finally, at 9:00 pm I decided I better call the Dr. Of course, they immediately advise that I head to labor and delivery.
So, yet again, Dave loads my suit case into the car and our wonderful friends, who were actually over visiting stayed home with Braiden. Once I got hooked up to the monitors, what I already knew was confirmed. I was contracting every 2 minutes and they were strong! So, immediately IV fluids were started and a shot of terbutaline was given. The shot didn't stop the contractions like it's supposed to, so another was given. The contractions did not fully go away but became less intense and less often. I was given another bag of IV fluids and at this point it was decided that I needed to be checked to see if I was dilating anymore than I already am. Good news is, I'm still at 3 cm dilated. So, I was able to return home after midnight. I am still on strict bed rest and my medication at home was bumped up to every 6 hours instead of 8 hours.
My goal now is to make it until Monday! I want to be home with my little boy on Christmas day, NOT in a hospital!
The doctor explained that our concern now is dilating. The second I dilate past 3 cm I will be admitted to labor and delivery and will be kept there until Gavin arrives! So, please say some prayers for us. I do not want to end up on bed rest in the hospital, which would also mean I would be hooked back up to magnesium sulfate, which is one of the worst medications I've ever been on. The doctors and nurses refer to it as the flu in a bag. It makes you sweat, causes blurred vision, nausea, vomiting, your heart races, and you must lay flat on your back and be hooked up to a catheter. NOT FUN AT ALL! So, my prayer is, once I start dilating further, I dilate quickly. If I get to 7 cm they will end up doing the C-section. We will do our best to keep everyone updated.
Me and my bed rest buddy :-)

33 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment