Tracking Baby Dore

Monday, June 1, 2009

Bed Rest

Today was not a good day. I have been put on bed rest, which for me is going to be a real challenge as I do not and can not sit still! Over the weekend I began to have a lot of swelling in my feet and hands. I've been up for the past few nights in tears due to the pain the swelling is causing in my hands and arms. This morning I called my doctor and they had me come in to be monitored. My swelling was a sign of preeclampsia. My blood pressure was 182/98, which is extremely high. They did a bunch of blood work and I am going back in on Thursday. The good news is, Braiden is doing wonderfully. He is growing and his heart beat is excellent. While I do not feel him a bunch during the day, the fetal monitor picks up that he constantly is moving! As for now, I will be laying down with my feet up until the little man arrives. The doctors goal is to keep him from coming until at least 36 weeks.
If anyone has any good books for me to read or movie suggestions, please let me know... I've got to find ways to entertain myself while laying down, which is not going to be an easy task! I'll post more updates after my appointment on Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Any book by Adrianna Trigiani is good. Of course, she's my husbands cousin, so I have a bit of a jaded opinion. But her new one, Very Valentina, is good. Or the Shopoholic books are a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't read the Twilight series yet, they are fabulous! All 4 of us read them...yes, even Steve! The girls and I talked about them so much, he finally read them in self-defense. I promise, you will not be able to put them down...they are SO good!

    We will be praying for you! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete