Tracking Baby Dore

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Practice Run

Well, yesterday was a bit scary for Me and Dave. Usually Braiden is extremely active. I could count on him moving three separate times a day for a good hour each and the past couple of days, I hardly felt him move. I decided to call the doctors office and they of course wanted me to come in right away. While I was there they got a strong heart beat, which was reassuring. However, they had me drink an entire coke and then hooked me up to an ultrasound monitor. The stenographer said he looked good and was weighing in at a little over 4 pounds, but while she did the ultrasound she had a puzzled look on her face. Dr. Connor came in and they both continued to watch the ultrasound monitor moving it all over my stomach. The doctor then started to push on my stomach to try to get Braiden to move and he wouldn't budge. This went on for a good 30 minutes and finally he called in another doctor. So now, I have two large men over my stomach pushing as hard as they can and my little guy would not budge! Still a good heartbeat, but they were concerned at how "sluggish" he was, especially considering the fact that I finished an entire coke, which is packed with sugar. The doctors kept looking at one another and then looked at me and explained that they wanted to admit me to labor and delivery to be closely monitored for a few hours. I think by this time I was extremely pale and really started to get nervous. I called Dave and headed over to labor and delivery. I was immediately admitted and hooked up to monitors. Once hooked up, Dave arrived. We were there for a while. They had me drink apple juice and as I laid there, Braiden finally started to move. Not much, and not strong kicks, but he was moving. I was discharged and told to go home. I now have to start monitoring fetal kicks for an hour a day, and of course was told to slow down! All in all, we are doing okay. My little man just continues to keep me on my toes. I have a feeling he's not going to be a calm one when he finally does choose to make his appearance : )

No comments:

Post a Comment