Tracking Baby Dore

Saturday, April 11, 2009

After a Few Complaints...

I have decided to get on and post a few updates since I've received a few complaints lately about not doing so in over a week! I've not forgotten, we just really have not had to many eventful things go on. Either way, for those who really want an update, here it goes.
On April 2nd I had a doctors appointment. All went well. My weight gain is on track as are my stomach measurements. Braiden's heart beat continues to be a very strong one, and he is weighing in at about 1 1/2 pounds and just over a foot long. Later that night, Dave and I headed to the hospital for a tour of the Labor and Delivery unit. I think the tour made both of us wish Braiden was coming sooner than July! The hospital is very nice with large rooms. The staff all seems friendly and we're excited for our time to come.
Baptist Medical Center South

Over the weekend, I decided it was finally time to weed and mulch the front yard. What a project this was. Moving in to a house that no one kept up with for two years is not fun when it comes to yard work! Dave and I spent half of Friday and all of Saturday in the yard. It looks better, but still needs a lot of work. Hopefully by next spring we can get it exactly how we want it!
This picture was taken after the new mulch was down, new bushes were planted and old bushes were moved. Forgot to take a before picture.


On April 9th I went for routine blood work. I am getting ready to go in to my third trimester, so it was time to go get stuck a few times. Before going in for blood work I had to drink the wonderful tasting high glucose concoction. Let me tell you how appetizing that was... You have to drink it within 5 minutes and then are not allowed to eat or drink anything for one hour! YUK! I made it through the blood work. They tested my sugar levels and thyroid; results should be back in about a week.
On Friday 10th we had a package delivered! Braiden now has a CUBS outfit to wear when he arrives thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Dore! Along with the outfit is a pair of booties and a blanket for him to carry around at all times : ) As you can imagine, his daddy was extremely happy with this gift! Thank you very much Grandma and Grandpa Dore. We can't wait for Braiden to arrive and cheer the Cubbies to the World Series!

Those are all of the updates for now. I will be sure to post pictures after this weekend. I will be cooking my first Easter meal in our house! Ellie and the girls will be coming over as well as a few of our other friends. It will be a great time and I promise to take a bunch of pictures. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment